Total Pageviews

Friday 8 April 2011

The genrational gap has reared it's ugly head again...

So my roommate/best friend, Scott, is talking to this chick on xbox live, he has never met her, doesn't have her on facebook. He's telling her how if he drops his pants she'll see his foot long. Now I hate to be a fuddy-duddy, and my other friends can attest to the fact that I'm not a square, I've had some pretty fast quips back and very sexual and funny. Anyway, when I told bawdy jokes or made sexual innuendos it was always with close friends who understood that just because I'm making jokes with/about you or just plain keeping up with your comebacks, it didn't mean I was gonna fuck them. However, I've noticed that this generation, who grew up talking to complete strangers online, have absolutely no qualms about starting up a conversation with an overtly sexual remark. It's as if as soon as you 'meet' someone online, it goes straight to sex. It's not just chat rooms, or facebook or MSN, it's everywhere, anyone you meet online, it seems, is looking for sex. It doesn't matter how sweet or 'nice' they seem, they are talking to you for one reason; they want to fuck you. Plain and simple, that's the only reason guys get online. Especially the 18-24 yr old men. I could put Scott to shame with the things I can come up with, but when I first met him and tried to be myself, he would always assume it meant that I wanted to fuck him...uh no, dumb ass, it means I can make better jokes than you can, and ppl my age understand that it's just a joke, or funny quip or saying, relax there cowboy, not every woman wants you. Once men/boys understand that their not god's gift to anyone, we'll all feel better.I live with a man who's 23 and full of hormones with no girlfriend to help out. All he has is who's online. I feel bad for him for that. Guys have lost all social skills, Scott is the shiest guy you'll meet in person....but get him online and he's a sex craved asshole. If a female plays on xbox with him and his online friends, they all fight to get her attention and fall all over themselves to impress her. But instead of it being natural, like in the wild, with all the showing off and preening, it's anonymous and you have no idea if the person on the other end of that mic is a very feminine sounding male, which there are plenty of them,( My friend in high school would call my school office and say he was my mother and they believed him) or an ugly girl, or a married/in a relationship girl...you have no idea who you're actually talking with when you're online, ever see Catfish? No one learns though, and the internet isn't going anywhere, but I still feel badly for all the ppl who are growing up in an age where human contact and interaction are second to masturbating in front of your monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You Think?