Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Hello World!

Hi there! My name is Nyssa and I'm 36 years old. I have 2 teenagers, a son who's 17, and a daughter who's 16. Ashley, my daughter, lives with her dad and stays with me on weekends, and my son, Dustin, lives with his boyfriend in Toronto. 
My boyfriend, James, lives in England and we want him to move here, but it's expensive and his mother isn't well. He came to visit me last November, he's also one of my best friend's best friends. We're planning a trip to see him this year, I'm hoping my tax return is a nice one!
I'd say I'm pretty liberal, but I find that sometimes I have conservative thoughts (yikes!) I also think the NDP have great ideas. 
I like to think I'm pretty open minded, but recently I've realised that that's not always true. I have some pretty strong opinions and will share them here, for better or worse.
I live with my best friend Scott who's 23. It's difficult sometimes cuz of the age difference. I find that when we argue it's based on that difference. We just see things differently and lock horns, so to speak. Mostly we are great friends and have good laughs and good times. He's my rock and I would do anything for him. So when I bitch about him on here, always remember that love is underneath it. lol
Today there was a little tension. I wanted to spend the day cleaning, so I started with the kitchen. Scott cleaned the bathtub, after a month of grossness. As I'm huffing and puffing, scrubbing the caked on dirt on the counters and cupboards, he tells me he's done....he cleaned the bathroom. REALLY? I did all the dishes and scrubbed everything, and he tells me he's done. He said I didn't ask him to do anything else....I ask myself, why do I have to ask him to clean his own mess? Isn't he an adult too? No one asks me, but I know it has to be done, so I do it.
At this point I should mention that I had back surgery in Jan and have to use a walker to get around. I also have MS so my legs go weak and then just stop working. Anyway, we got over it quickly and he will be more considerate and clean up his own messes. 
Communication is key when dealing with relationships. Friends, spouses, children, all it takes is a talk. The mistake I find ppl make is that they want to talk about what's wrong right away when everyone's still angry and emotional. I find that the best time is after it's all over, and everyone is cooled off, you sit down and bring up the topic, don't interrupt and work it out. We all have solutions in our head that we feel will make life better, but we just stew on it, never TALK about it. 
This is just my first blog post, I'm hoping I've let you know a little about me, there will be more later. I will be writing this like a journal, my thoughts, hopes, fears all of it. 
I can't wait to start meeting ppl on here and getting some feedback! :)
There's a lot going on in this world, and even more going on in my head. Buckle up, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You Think?